Perhaps one of the most interesting and colorful words in the English
language today is the word "fuck." It is the one magical word which,
just by its sound, can describe pain, pleasure, love, and hate. In
language, "fuck" falls into many grammatical categories. It can be used
as a verb, both transitive (John fucked Mary) and intransitive (Mary was
fucked by John). It can be an action verb (John really gives a fuck
about Mary), a passive verb (Mary really doesn't give a fuck), an adverb
(Mary is fucking interested in John), or as a noun (Mary is a great
fuck). It can also be used as an adjective (Mary is fucking beautiful)
or an interjection (Fuck! I'm late for my date with Mary!). It can
even be used as a conjunction (Mary is stupid, fuck she's an idiot.).
As you can see, there are very few words with the overall versatility of
the word "fuck."
Aside from its sexual connotations, this incredible word can be used to
describe many situations:
- Greeting "How the fuck are ya'?"
- Fraud "I got fucked by the car dealer."
- Resignation "Oh, fuck it!"
- Trouble "I guess I'm fucked now."
- Aggression "FUCK YOU!"
- Disgust "Fuck me."
- Confusion "What the fuck?"
- Difficulty "I don't understand this fucking business."
- Despair "Fucked again."
- Pleasure "I fucking couldn't be happier."
- Displeasure "What the fuck is going on here?"
- Lost "Where the fuck are we?"
- Disbelief "UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!"
- Retaliation "Up your fucking ass!"
- Denial "I didn't fucking do it."
- Perplexity "I know fuck all about it."
- Apathy "Who relly gives a fuck, anyhow?"
- Suspicion "Who the fuck are you?"
- Panic "Let's get the fuck out of here."
- Directions "Fuck off."
- Wonder "How the fuck did you do that?"
- It can be used in an anatomical description - "He's a fucking asshole!"
- It can be used to tell time - "It's five fucking thirty."
- It can be used in business - "How did I wind up with this fucking job?"
- It can be maternal - "Motherfucker."
- It can be political - "Fuck President Clinton!"
It has also been used by many notable people throughout history:
- "What the fuck was that?" - Mayor of Hiroshima
- "Where did all these fucking Indians come from?" - General Custer
- "Where the fuck is all this water coming from?" - Captain of the Titanic
- "That's not a real fucking gun." - John Lennon
- "Who's gonna' fucking find out?" - Richard Nixon
- "Heads are going to fucking roll." - Anne Boleyn
- "Any fucking idiot could understand that!" - Albert Einstein
- "It does so fucking look like her!" - Picasso
- "How the fuck did you work that out?" - Pythagoras
- "You want what on the fucking ceiling?" - Michaelangelo
- "Fuck a duck." - Walt Disney
- "I don't suppose it's going to fucking rain?" - Joan of Arc
- "Scattered fucking showers my ass!" - Noah
- "I need this parade like I need a fucking hole in my head." -John F. Kennedy